Software and systems training structure
Whether eLearning or f2f or both, I have found these common to many learners in earlier phase of learning:
- How do I find it (system / software name) ?
- How do I open it?
- How do I login?
- What am I looking at e.g. what are the key boxes, spaces, buttons, links, where are they placed on the screen?
- What new language or key words do I need to learn to understand more e.g. field, post, window, tab, link, save, add, edit ?
- What metaphors or analogies are similar or relevant to my world and my contexts e.g. icons similar to app icons, magazine layout?
- What are the steps to complete a task?
- How can I go back if I press the wrong thing or close something by mistake?